Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day, almost. I realized today that I don't remember any Valentine's Days. I suppose it's not a particularly special day for me (or my memory is worse than I thought). Even this year, it's my first V-Day with my fiance but we have no plans. It seems silly to make a big production out of our love, or to try to be romantic. I feel very blessed that my days are full of love and romance.

We might go get Indian food and a movie, though. That's what we did for Christmas. Seems to be our go-to plan. I briefly thought of asking Gabe to elope with me this weekend, to avoid the hassle and budget of wedding plans. But there's something essential in the witnessing of others that keeps me from going through with it.

Anyway, I hope you all have a special-in-some-way Saturday. And Gabriel, thank you for your ridiculous amounts of everyday romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails