Saturday, December 11, 2010

a hurtin' mama and her growing girl

Annabel is a champion weight gainer this week - I think we're even starting to see signs of chubby cheeks. Hooray! I need to take lots of pictures today since she is changing so much day to day, I can't even believe it. 

I don't think I mentioned on here but last week I had the most awful back spasms. Could not get my body comfortable sitting, standing or lying down and had to take several steaming hot baths, massage from husband, icy hot cream and heating pad before it was remotely bearable. It also made my stomach contract and I couldn't breathe well, which was scary. I am not a wimp with pain, but I was in tears whimpering that I just wanted to die. It was so bad I was about to go to the ER for them to put me on IV sedation - except that I have a little one who needs to be nursed (and incidentally, was screaming throughout the whole ordeal, while Gabe tried to meet both our needs). Ugh, anyway - it was pure awful.  So imagine my disdain when it happens again last night :(  From 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. I was writhing on the floor again, taking multiple steaming baths - which was gross, because our town's water was shut off a couple days ago and it's come back on but it's brown. Tried icy hot again, heating pad and no relief. At least this time I had pumped milk for Annabel because there was no way I could hold her and nurse her. The stomach pain was worse this time and I spent a lot of the night puking, which was a horrible feeling that I welcomed because it took away the other pain briefly.

Anyway, all this is to say (1) wtf is wrong with me? I had assumed it's from nursing and holding her and having weak ab muscles, but I don't see how the stomach contractions fit in. And (2) just to have a momentary pity party...seriously?? I have issues all pregnancy, a painful 46 hour labor, and I still can't catch a break after? Sheesh. 

So I am going to the chiropractor/massage place on Monday and hopefully get back on track.  There is no way I can go through that again. If anyone has any insight on my broken body please let me know!

p.s. Pity party is over. Following posts will consist of cute photos of Annabel only :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails