Monday, October 25, 2010

36 weeks, 1 day

Check out what a difference one week makes:

The average baby right now is about 6 pounds. She's gotten so big that I see her body parts sticking out of my tummy. I spend a lot of time navel gazing and screaming. It's very freaky. But at the same time totally amazing. I can't imagine not being pregnant right now, but that day is going to come soon enough!

She needs to bake one more week at the very least to be considered at term, and then I can deliver at the birth center. I don't think she's going anywhere before then, though my body is definitely practicing. Lots of Braxton Hicks (or round ligament pain? dunno) and my pelvis has loosened enough that I've got the full on pregnancy waddle.

The chiropractor is definitely helping, though I can only do so much before I need to rest. The massage was really good too, up until I got really dizzy and nauseous part way through. I think I was 5 seconds from puking and passing out before I leaped up (ok, I can't leap up) and said I needed water and needed to cool off.

I'm still in mega-nesting mode. Lots of cooking and cleaning and giving my husband ultimatums about finishing projects soon. I try to be respectful and give him hours-long warning before my emotional breakdowns about us not having a homey enough home for our daughter. But we're slowly getting there - curtains are mostly up, picture frames are on the wall (pictureless), little girl's clothes and blankets are washed and summer sundresses are packed away.

We are so excited to meet our baby girl. I've been wondering for so long what she'll look like and how she'll be - it's going to be so surreal when there's an actual person in our lives instead of squirmy wiggles and hiccups in my tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails