Sunday, August 29, 2010

28 weeks

28 weeks and things are going well. Here are some random changes brought on by pregnancy:

* My eye prescription changed (for the better, after a steady decline for 22 years)
* My shoe size has gone up 1/2 size (I'm now a 6, which means more shoe selection; however this also means none of my shoes fit, and my puppy has now officially eaten ALL of my sandals)
* I now like rye bread. A lot.
* It's hard to get off a couch.
* When I do get off a couch it feels like I've been kicked in the crotch.

But the biggest change of all (besides having a person inside me) is that I'm no longer a night owl. After sundown is when I always had the most energy, and mornings were a continuous battle to feel alive and productive. But now, for the first time I ever remember, I feel more awake in the mornings than at night. Once I open my eyes it's usually hard to fall  back asleep. And though I'm still not going to bed until 11 or 12 or a bit later I notice that I start getting really tired and grumpy around 9ish, and much more achy and complainy. (I'm guessing my husband has noticed this too.)  I think I might have to push up my bedtime even earlier!  And I think I'll actually be able to fall asleep - weird!
I'm taking advantage of earlier mornings on the weekends and going to a few yard sales. This weekend I got a nice reclining glider/ottoman, a pink dresser, diaper genie, bouncer and lots of assorted clothes/towels/blankets for so cheap!  And now I feel like I can start getting the nursery area together which is fun & making me realize how soon our household is going to go from two to three people. I can't wait!

We had our third Hypnobabies class today and I can honestly say I'm feeling really confident and excited about birth. I feel like we're getting some great tools to use, and I feel really informed about my options and expectations. So happy we made this choice!

Here's this week's belly pic. I'm feeling about the same as last week, but my belly has been super itchy the past couple days so I think it's another growth spurt.  It's starting to get impossible to bend over without the awkward pregnancy squat - she just gets too smooshed and it hurts and physics gets all up in my way. She is a good 2 1/4 lbs. or so and just about 15 inches. She is still really active off and on throughout the day. Lots of times she kicks the computer or book when it's on top of me. I'm starting to feel different parts of her - what I think is her back curled up against my side, or a knee/elbow being dragged. I haven't seen distinguishable body parts through my tummy - still waiting for that craziness!  

Again excuse the tiredness, fake smile, and developing mullet. One day I'll pull it together!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't do hypnobirthing but a couple of my friends did and did great! I can't wait to see you when you're back home.

    P.S. You'll get it together once this baby is off to college...in the meantime its madness ;0

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails