Sunday, May 30, 2010

15 Weeks!

I feel like I hit a plateau this week - not much belly growth, no new developments. A lull. It seemed hard to imagine I'd get bigger and eventually the baby would be here. But I woke up this morning and could no longer fit into my stretchy yoga pants. And I do see a difference in this week's belly picture:

The baby is now 4 inches long and 2.5 ounces (size of an apple, apparently). I've gained one pound at most which is starting to make me a little nervous. I'm trying to eat a bit more and eat healthier things, now that my appetite is back and I have more energy to cook.

Summer feels in full swing in North Carolina even though it's just the end of May. I usually LOVE the heat but it's harder when pregnant. I need water with me everywhere and the sun wears me out. I think it's time to start visiting the pool!

I'm thankful to be getting a belly throughout the summer, though. Even though it's wicked hot here, it's easier to get away with stretchy skirts, empire waist sundresses or a bathing suit almost all the time. I don't think I'll need to buy much maternity stuff at all. I think if I get a belly band for work pants I don't need to get maternity pants at all - sweet!

Still waiting anxiously for the flutters - I felt a couple weird movements this week but it's so easy to write off as gas or something else. I'm looking forward to knowing it's my little one flopping around in there. And our next ultrasound is in three weeks - can't wait to see how much he or she has grown! Last time we saw a picture the little one was the size of a kidney bean.  They grow up so fast :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails