Tuesday, May 4, 2010

11 Weeks (+2 days)

It's now 10 p.m. and I've only been nauseous since 9 p.m.!!!  The past few days I don't get sick til after dark - it's amazing.  Yes, I just threw up in my mouth a little, literally, but I'll take it compared to things before. (It's also probably my fault for not eating very much today and then scarfing down jalapeno pierogies.) I'm also making it through more days without involuntarily napping. Today I had a long day at work (and a tough day) and I'm tired but not i'm-so-exhausted-i-want-to-maim-someone-tired. 

Here's a belly pic taken today. We have roughly 29 more weeks to get a decent picture:


































These are my stretchy buttonless work pants (worn often pre-pregnancy just because work is more fun when you feel like you're wearing sweatpants), but tonight I have a mark across my belly.  

And here is how our little gummy bear is faring this week:

 He or she is like a real person now, just super mini. I was telling my husband about a very clear memory I have from the third grade. It was recess. Each grade had their own entrance back into the school where you line up. While I lined up I looked over at the fourth graders. Wow. I was going to be in FOURTH grade next year, such a big kid. And around the bend, beyond sight, was FIFTH grade. I would be in the highest grade in the whole school. And then my mind wandered to sixth grade, the beginning of middle school for us, and I remember myself clearly thinking something like: whoa, slow down. I couldn't even grasp what life would look like right about the bend, much less even further down the road. 

And now, of course, at 32 those times seem a blink of an eye, a few years. This pregnancy thing is measured out in weeks, and at 11 weeks I can see the end of trimester right near me, and then much later is the gender ultrasound, and then at some point a birth. But WHOA SLOW DOWN. My brain can't quite get there yet.  And of course many years later, when my child or children are in school and even older, I'll look back at this time and it'll be a little blip, quicker than turning a single page in the Pregnancy Week to Week book. I think English needs a separate word for present-moment nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails