Friday, May 8, 2009

Recovered

So I am done a week-long hormone-induced horror show. Ugh. But I'm feeling back to normal, thank goodness. Plus the sun came out today for the first time this week. And I am super excited because tomorrow I am going to Haymarket! I don't yet know what I want to make. Maybe homemade limoncello? Definitely pesto. I'm thinking a mango chutney. If anyone has an idea please share! I'm especially looking for things I can make and freeze.

I made a couple different drinks recently I'll pass along. The first was a blackberry mojito, sort of. I muddled mint, blackberries, sugar and lime juice, poured in some vodka, then tonic. The blackberries split apart into little berry beads that pop in your mouth along with the bubbles, so it's a nice refreshing summery drink. The other one was a mix of brandy and vanilla vodka with fresh-squeezed orange juice and two big slices of orange in it - this was GOOD. Very classy.

Kim and Dean posted videos of Niko, which are super cute, so check them out if you haven't yet. I'll be out there in 3 weeks! I can't wait to see everyone, and I can't wait to visit San Francisco again. Gabe is more than a little concerned I won't come back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails