Saturday, March 7, 2009

medium rare

So today Gabe and I left our house at 7 a.m.! This was not after going to bed early by any means. Then we drove to four different houses in Vermont - we were gone 13 hours and I think we were driving for 9 or 10 of them. Not a whole lot of sightseeing. But we did see one deer and a GIANT St. Bernard.

(Digression: 'The Anatomy of Sex' is on Discovery right now and these two people are having sex in the MRI machine, for science. They also just said men produce more sperm in one day than people in the U.S. - crazy!)

So our VT trip was very productive...but I'm not revealing any details until Gabe and I make some final decisions...our goal is a definite date and venue this week.

We came home late and were so hungry. My mom visited a bit ago and filled up my shopping cart at whole foods with lots of yummy things (thanks mom!). I had defrosted two filet mignons (filets mignon?) so cooked those. Now one of my major cooking weaknesses is that I overcook nearly every meat because I'm so paranoid about it being undercooked. These steaks looked so good and I wanted to do them justice - how sad would that be to have chewy filet(s) mignon(s)? I am proud to say that they ended up being a perfect(!!!) medium rare-mediumish. SOOOO good. I made this sauce with garlic, vermouth, soy sauce and balsamic vinegar - yummy.

(Another digression: human men have the largest penis of all primates, relatively - it evolved this way after women began standing. If men had relatively gorilla-sized penises they would be 2/3 of an inch long!)

Okay anyway. Wait, now they are talking about how we used to mate when the males approached from behind (before we evolved to stand on two legs). So when we began to walk around like now, people mated face to face, and thus begun communication in a whole new way. This show is pretty fascinating, actually.

Alright, I'm going to make some tea and head to bed soon - I am not setting an alarm and hopefully my body will get as much sleep as it needs to feel normal again. Expect a wedding announcement within a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails