Saturday, December 18, 2010

one day this onesie will be tiny..


Annabel is now trailblazing through 7 pound territory! She still is tiny, though, and her clothes are still pretty big as you can see. She has been a bit fussy the past couple days and very hungry so I think she's going through a growth spurt. But I don't really know these things.


Other things I don't know:

How often do you bathe a baby?

Is it ok if spit up comes out of their nose?

In general I feel a lot less anxious about taking care of her than I expected. I suppose it's because she's a pretty simple creature - if she cries she either needs cuddles, burps, warmth, a diaper change or food. Usually it's food. I do want Gabe & I to take an infant cpr/first aid class so that we would feel more prepared in an emergency.

Annabel cooperated with a mini photo shoot yesterday- you can check out the pictures here. Today I'm going to see if I can stuff her in a Christmas stocking and get her to smile :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. From my very limited experience:

    My midwife said we only need to bathe baby about once a week for now, but you can do more if she likes it or if you want to.

    Is it ok if spit-up comes out their noses?.... well it comes out Colin's nose too... so I assume it's "ok" though I'm sure it doesn't feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. one more thing... she's so tiny!! Colin is bursting out of his clothes now. She'll get there, too! Enjoy her tiny little baby body... I'm sure it won't last long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should help give you some pointers on taking care of Annabel:

    http://i.imgur.com/FZmrV.gif

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails